COVID-19 Announcement: We are always by your side! Read more for the updates and resources you need.
OUR COMPLETE SYSTEM FOR BETTER PROTECTION AND GLUCOSE CONTROL1
When combining Continuous Glucose monitoring with the MiniMed® 640G System and the new Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter, patients will benefit from:
- High sensor accuracy2
- The intelligence of SmartGuard®, offering hypoglycaemia protection by automatically stopping insulin delivery when sensor glucose is predicted to approach a pre-set low limit (*)
- 83% of users felt more confident in managing highs and lows when wearing their CGM system3
Enhanced features for a great comfort and experience
- Smaller and more flexible sensor: 80% reduction in size compared to the former Enlite Sensor
- The New Generation Enlite sensor features an innovation to the sensor adhesive patch to help reduce skin irritations
- More reliable sensor to transmitter connection, which can reduce the likelihood of data gaps. In the event of a lost connection between the sensor and the transmitter, the new Guardian 2 Link transmitter can store up to 10 hours of data
Insertion is easy
- One button insertion process
- Hidden needle during insertion
- 90 degree insertion angle
- 85% of patients agreed that insertion with Enlite was pain free**
Find out more about the New Generation Enlite insertion in this video.
CGM REDUCES HbA1c AND IMPROVES GLYCAEMIC CONTROL
Several randomised controlled trials1,4,5 showed that CGM can lead to:
- Up to 1% HbA1c reduction without increasing the rate of severe hypoglycaemia
- Tighter glycaemic control
- Greater number of patients reaching the HbA1c target recommended by the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
All of these benefits can help you to achieve better control of your diabetes.
- New Generation Enlite™ sensor is indicated for adults and children and only intended for use with Medtronic products: MiniMed® 640G System, MiniMed® Paradigm® Veo™ System, MiniMed® Paradigm® REAL-Time System, Guardian® REAL-Time CGM System, iPro™2.
- New Generation Enlite™ sensor is not intended for use with Medtronic CGMS Gold® and iPro™.
- The Guardian™ 2 Link Transmitter is compatible with the MiniMed® 640G insulin pump, while the MiniLink™ Transmitter is compatible with the MiniMed® Paradigm® Veo™ System and the Guardian® REAL-Time CGM System.
* The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 70 mg/dL (3.9 mmol/L) of the low limit and predicted to be 20 mg/dL (1.1 mmol/L) above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
** Internal data on file; Medtronic Minimed, Inc
1. Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320.)
2. Enhanced Enlite with MiniMed™ 640G System has a MARD of 9.1% [vs. YSI on Day 3]. Cohen O et al. Accuracy of the continuous glucose sensor used with the predictive low glucose management system. Diabetes Technol Ther 2016; 18(S1): A81-A82.
3. MDT internal data on file CER247
4. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Study Group. Continuous glucose monitoring and intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2008;359(14):1464-1476.
5. Raccah D, Sulmont V, Resnik Y,et al. Incremental value of continuous glucose monitoring when starting pump therapy in patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: the RealTrend Study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32(12):2245-2250.