OUR COMPLETE SYSTEM FOR BETTER PROTECTION AND GLUCOSE CONTROL1
When combining Continuous Glucose monitoring with the MiniMed® 640G System and the new Guardian™ 2 Link transmitter, patients will benefit from:
- High sensor accuracy2
- The intelligence of SmartGuard®, offering hypoglycaemia protection by automatically stopping insulin delivery when sensor glucose is predicted to approach a pre-set low limit (*)
- 83% of users felt more confident in managing highs and lows when wearing their CGM system3
Enhanced features for a great comfort and experience
- Smaller and more flexible sensor: 80% reduction in size compared to the former Enlite Sensor
- The New Generation Enlite sensor features an innovation to the sensor adhesive patch to help reduce skin irritations
- More reliable sensor to transmitter connection, which can reduce the likelihood of data gaps. In the event of a lost connection between the sensor and the transmitter, the new Guardian 2 Link transmitter can store up to 10 hours of data
Insertion is easy
- One button insertion process
- Hidden needle during insertion
- 90 degree insertion angle
- 85% of patients agreed that insertion with Enlite was pain free**
Find out more about the New Generation Enlite insertion in this video.
CGM REDUCES HbA1c AND IMPROVES GLYCAEMIC CONTROL
Several randomised controlled trials1,4,5 showed that CGM can lead to:
- Up to 1% HbA1c reduction without increasing the rate of severe hypoglycaemia
- Tighter glycaemic control
- Greater number of patients reaching the HbA1c target recommended by the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
All of these benefits can help you to achieve better control of your diabetes.
- New Generation Enlite™ sensor is indicated for adults and children and only intended for use with Medtronic products: MiniMed® 640G System, MiniMed® Paradigm® Veo™ System, MiniMed® Paradigm® REAL-Time System, Guardian® REAL-Time CGM System, iPro™2.
- New Generation Enlite™ sensor is not intended for use with Medtronic CGMS Gold® and iPro™.
- The Guardian™ 2 Link Transmitter is compatible with the MiniMed® 640G insulin pump, while the MiniLink™ Transmitter is compatible with the MiniMed® Paradigm® Veo™ System and the Guardian® REAL-Time CGM System.
* The dynamic suspend feature is based on certain criteria: sensor glucose must be within 70 mg/dL (3.9 mmol/L) of the low limit and predicted to be 20 mg/dL (1.1 mmol/L) above the low limit within 30 minutes AND the pump must not be in the refractory period.
** Internal data on file; Medtronic Minimed, Inc
1. Bergenstal RM, Tamborlane WV, Ahmann A, et al. Effectiveness of sensor-augmented insulin-pump therapy in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:311–320.)
2. Enhanced Enlite with MiniMed™ 640G System has a MARD of 9.1% [vs. YSI on Day 3]. Cohen O et al. Accuracy of the continuous glucose sensor used with the predictive low glucose management system. Diabetes Technol Ther 2016; 18(S1): A81-A82.
3. MDT internal data on file CER247
4. Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Study Group. Continuous glucose monitoring and intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2008;359(14):1464-1476.
5. Raccah D, Sulmont V, Resnik Y,et al. Incremental value of continuous glucose monitoring when starting pump therapy in patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes: the RealTrend Study. Diabetes Care. 2009;32(12):2245-2250.